San Francisco CA | Completed
Located on the edge of San Francisco’s downtown at the end of Pier 9, the Bar Pilots Station House is surrounded on three sides by water and has a 180-degree view of the Bay.
Retaining the existing circa 1932 industrial shed, the refurbished Station House was conceived of as a building within a building. Maintaining and exposing the restored elements—concrete walls, corrugated galvanized steel panels, steel trusses, and steel sash windows—was integral to the design.
San Francisco, CA